Get ready for a mouthwatering explosion of flavor with our Texas Twisters - the ultimate BBQ appetizer that will leave your taste buds craving more! Combining tender smoked brisket, savory cheddar cheese, zesty Texas-style BBQ sauce, tangy pickled jalapenos, and a medley of aromatic spices, these scrumptious treats are wrapped in a delightfully crispy flour tortilla for the perfect finger food experience. Perfect for game day, backyard BBQs, or any festive gathering, our Texas Twisters recipe offers an irresistible taste of classic Texas cuisine that's sure to impress your guests. So, fire up your grill, gather your ingredients, and let's get twisting!
- 2 cups shredded smoked brisket cooked
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce Texas-style
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 12 small flour tortillas
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded smoked brisket, cheddar cheese, BBQ sauce, pickled jalapenos, red onion, cilantro, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and ground black pepper. Mix well to incorporate all the flavors evenly.
- Lay out the flour tortillas on a clean work surface. Place about 2-3 tablespoons of the brisket mixture on the lower third of each tortilla. Fold the bottom of the tortilla up and over the filling, then fold in the sides, and finally, roll the tortilla up tightly to enclose the filling. Secure the seam with a toothpick if necessary.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Alternatively, you can preheat a deep fryer or fill a deep skillet with 2 inches of vegetable oil and heat it to 375°F (190°C).
- For oven baking, place the Texas Twisters seam-side down on the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between each one. Spray the twisters lightly with cooking oil spray to promote browning. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the tortillas are golden brown and crispy.
- For deep frying, carefully lower the Texas Twisters into the hot oil, working in batches to avoid overcrowding. Fry for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Remove the twisters from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Remove the toothpicks from the Texas Twisters (if used) and let them cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve your Texas Twisters with extra BBQ sauce for dipping, and enjoy a unique, flavorful appetizer that celebrates the best of traditional Texas BBQ!
Serving: 95gCalories: 215kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 13gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 484mgPotassium: 222mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 235IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 120mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!