Elevate your BBQ game with our Shotgun Shells recipe, an explosion of flavors, where Italian cuisine meets American BBQ traditions. Start with manicotti shells loaded with a meaty mix of Italian sausage, ground sirloin, hatch chilies, and sharp cheddar cheese. Marinate overnight, season liberally with Grill Your Ass Off's Claymore Cajun Seasoning and Infidel Pork Rub, and then slow-smoke to infuse a rich, tantalizing taste. The final touch? A sweet, spicy glaze of warmed Grill Your Ass Off's Bunker Bacon Bourbon BBQ Sauce. Get ready to assemble these irresistible Shotgun Shells that'll keep everyone coming back for more!
- 2 boxes Manicotti Shells
- 2 lbs Bacon
- 1 lb Italian Sausage mild or hot
- 1 lb Ground Sirloin 90/10
- 4 oz Can Diced Hatch Chilies
- 2 cups Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 oz (This is an affiliate link and an easy and free way for you to support Tipsy Brisket!)Grill Your Ass Off Claymore Cajun Seasoning
- 2 oz Grill Your Ass Off Infidel Pork Rub
- 4 oz Grill Your Ass Off Bunker Bacon Bourbon BBQ Sauce
Prepare the Shotgun Shells
- In a large bowl, combine the Italian sausage, ground sirloin, hatch chilies, and cheddar cheese. Use this mixture to stuff the manicotti shells, making sure each one is fully stuffed from end-to-end. Then wrap each manicotti shell with one piece of bacon. Place the shells in the refrigerator and let them rest overnight.
Season and Cook the Shotgun Shells
- Preheat your pit to 300 °F degrees. Season each shotgun shell liberally with Grill Your Ass Off Claymore Cajun Seasoning and Infidel Pork Rub. Place them in the pit and smoke for 1 hour.
Glaze the Shotgun Shells
- Pour Grill Your Ass Off Bunker Bacon Bourbon BBQ Sauce into a small cast-iron pot and place it on the pit for 10-15 minutes to warm up. Once the barbecue sauce is warm, use it to baste each shotgun shell. Continue to cook for 15 more minutes until the barbecue sauce has set.
- Ensure the internal temperature has reached 165 °F, then remove the shells from the pit.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 2Shotgun ShellsCalories: 750kcalCarbohydrates: 52gProtein: 33gFat: 46gSaturated Fat: 14gPolyunsaturated Fat: 15gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 1638mgPotassium: 672mgFiber: 9gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 5091IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 258mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!