Cajun Shrimp and Cornbread Pancakes
We used one of our favorite rubs to create a savory southern dish with Shrimp and Cornbread Pancakes! Grill Your Ass Off Claymore Cajun Seasoning is a great way to add just the right amount of spice and southern flavor to any dish but it worked extremely well for both the Shrimp and the Corn in this dish. The Shrimp is Savory and the Cornbread Pancakes made with fresh grilled corn is succulent and incredibly fluffy. This is an excellent example of southern comfort food and a great dinner to switch things up. If you're stuck in a rut with cooking the same meals and using the same ingredients night after night definitely give this a try, whether for your family or friends this Cajun inspired meal with surely please everyone leaving them wanting more!
- Smoker or Grill
- Large skillet
- Mixing bowls
- 16 oz Large Raw Wild Gulf Shrimp
- 4 ears Corn on the Cob
- 8 Sweet Mini Peppers
- 1 cup Cornbread Mix
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ cup Water
- 4 Green Onions
- 1 tbsp Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp Parkay Squeeze Butter
- 4 tbsp (This is an affiliate link and an easy and free way for you to support Tipsy Brisket!)Grill Your Ass Off Claymore Cajun Seasoning 15% OFF with this link!
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 2 tbsp Rice Vinegar
Grill the Corn
- Preheat grill or smoker to 375 °F or medium.
- Coat ears of corn in Parkay Butter and generously season with Grill Your Ass Off Claymore Cajun Seasoning.
- Once Grill or Smoker is to temp grill corn for 20-25 minutes turning half way through.
- Once corn is cooked, remove corn from cob and evenly separate into two bowls.
Prepare Fresh Ingredients
- Medium dice sweet peppers, finely dice garlic and thinly slice green onions, separating the green tops from the white bottoms.
Make the Pancakes
- Preheat large skillet over medium heat and drizzle a little olive oil.
- In a large bowl mix together cornbread mix, large eggs, water and half of the corn until combined.
- Pour cornbread pancake batter into skillet making equal size corn pancakes. This recipe should make six to eight pancakes depending on how large you make them.
- Cook pancakes 2 to 3 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Remove pancakes from pan and cover with foil on a plate.
Prepare and Cook Shrimp
- Remove tails from shrimp, pat dry with paper towel and generously season with remaining Grill Your Ass Off Claymore Cajun Seasoning.
- In the same large skillet used for the pancakes, drizzle a little more olive oil and add your seasoned shrimp. Cook for 4-5 minutes until shrimp is opaque and cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside in a bowl.
Cook fresh ingredients
- Add diced peppers to pan and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining corn, white bottoms of green onions and garlic to pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add cooked shrimp, rice vinegar and butter. Stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Plate cornbread pancakes topped with shrimp and vegetable mixture. Garnish with green onions and serve.
Calories: 445kcalCarbohydrates: 48gProtein: 25gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 244mgSodium: 1076mgPotassium: 655mgFiber: 7gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 4516IUVitamin C: 12mgCalcium: 130mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!